When it comes to a family heirloom that becomes damaged, such as your favorite valuable rug, critical steps must be taken in order to save it. Because it's precious to you and your family, we make sure to take special care of it. Below are the top five steps we take when dealing with a valuable rug.
1. We will come to your house and pick up the rug and bring it back to our facility. Remember: never, ever allow a wall-to-wall carpet cleaning company to clean an oriental rug in your home. Although it may sound cheaper, it will ruin it. We will look at your rug and determine which cleaning method is most effective. For instance, we may go with Luster Wash, which is the ultimate cleaning for most rugs and carpets. We use our specially designed washing equipment which allows solution to penetrate the deepest layer of the rug's nap. This process removes ground-in dirt, gently, without crushing wool, which is necessary when it comes to your valuable rug. In most cases, this process will also restore the original look and texture.
2. For rugs that need particularly special care, we will go with our Hand or Dry Rug Cleaning method. All work is done by hand. This process is recommended for silk rugs, extremely fragile textiles, or rugs that have "fugitive" dyes which may run in a wet cleaning method. If your family heirloom is very old and needs that additional special attention, we may go with this method.
3. If your family heirloom needs further care, we may turn to our Restoration Services, which is a special formulated cleaning process done by hand by one of our Certified Rug Specialists. This is the finest, most gentle and thorough cleaning available for rugs that are old, fragile, valuable and warrant extraordinary care. This is a distinguished service provided by very few rug cleaning companies in the tri-state area. Some rugs that may need this cleaning process include: Agras, Aubussons, Bijars, Heriz, Hamaden, Keshans, Lavar Kermans, Tabriz, Nichols Chinese, Sarouks, Savoneriees, Serapi, etc.
4. We also offer Repair Services and Reweaving. Our master craftspeople can do almost any type of repair on both antique and contemporary handmade rugs, custom made rugs, machine made rugs such as Karastans and Couristan and broadloom carpets. We can expertly reweave holes, renap worn areas, restore moth damage, repair seams, reduce a rug's size, rewrap the binding on the side, reweave worn or missing fringes, sew on artificial fringes, unravel and overcast worn fringes and patch holes. We can also sew on fabric and leather borders as well as machine binding and serging the sides or ends of the rug.
5. Finally, we can Fiber-Guard your family heirloom, in efforts to protect it from stains, soil and wear. It is a safe, non-toxic, invisible stain protection for all soft surfaces. It provides superior top-to-bottom protection on each and every fiber in handmade rugs and carpets, wall-to-wall carpet, fabric and leather furniture, wall fabrics and draperies. Fiber-Guard will not wear off like other stain repellents and it will leave your fabric's color, feel and texture unchanged while remaining safe and non-toxic.
Want to know more about our Fiber-Guard treatment? Contact us today!