Note: Dip a white cloth into these solutions and apply to the stain. Never pour the solutions directly onto carpeting.
- Detergent solution: Mix 1/4 teaspoon of a translucent liquid dishwashing detergent, such as Dawn or Joy, into one cup of lukewarm water.
- Vinegar solution: Mix one cup of white vinegar with two cups of water.
- Solvent solution: Use an oil solvent. Or substitute nail-polish remover, such as Cutex Quick & Gentle non-acetone polish remover.
- Ammonia solution: Mix one tablespoon of clear household ammonia with 1/2 cup of lukewarm water.
- Baking soda works to remove pet stains. Just sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda over the soiled section, and then let it sit for a couple hours before vacuuming.
- Club soda also works well, but may have to be applied with a cleaning solution several times before a stain is removed. Start by blotting the section before pouring the club soda over it. Once the solution has stopped fizzing, immediately blot the spot again, repeating as necessary.
- Diluted bleach can help too. Just use 10 parts water to one part bleach. Spray the solution on the stain, and then let it sit for 15 seconds before thoroughly rinsing the area with warm water. If you can still see the stain, repeat the process until the spot is gone.
If these solutions do not work for your stains or if you would be more comfortable allowing professionals to handle this for you, call us anytime!